How important is mental health to you? The annual cost of mental illness in Australia has been estimated to be at least $28.6 billion, which includes the cost of loss of productivity and labour force participation. Unfortunately, our health expenditure costs from the AIHW has estimated at only $6.3 billion which falls drastically short. It is important to know that most of us come across health-related problems at least once in our lifetime. It’s important to monitor your health and to know that these hurdles can be overcome no matter how big or small the issue is.
Things to manage:
- Adhere to an exercise programme that was designed to suit your individual needs
- Stay active throughout your work day by taking regular breaks and maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Add some sunlight to brighten up your day
- Select healthy meal options that include plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, good fats and wholegrains.
- If you have any concerns don’t be scared to open a dialogue with friends, family or a professional no matter how big or how small the issue is that you’re facing
Absolute Balance is a team of Exercise Physiologists that work within a multidisciplinary team and are trained to help you tackle any health-related issue that you may come across. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or visit our website www.absolutebalance.com.au for more information.
Nicole Barber (B.Sc. Exercise and Sports Science)
Exercise Consultant – Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES) (ESSAM)
M 0422 486 943 – P 08 9244 5580 – Fax 08 9244 5582
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, (2016), Mental Health Services – In Brief, Retrieved from URL http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=60129557392