In this document:
“Accounts” means all accounts for Services issued by Absolute Balance to the Client.
“Agreement” means the agreement between Absolute Balance and the Client, constituted by these terms and conditions and other written forms of agreement between the parties including, but not limited to, a completed Formal Instrument of Agreement and its annexures. In the event of inconsistency with these terms, other written and signed agreements between the parties will prevail.
“Commencement Date” means, unless otherwise agreed in writing, the date on which Absolute Balance the Services are first provided under the Agreement.
“Client” means each client of Absolute Balance that receives Services, unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing by Absolute Balance.
“Fixed Term” means an Agreement which Absolute Balance and the Client agree in writing is for a fixed period of time from the Commencement Date.
“Force Majeure Event” means any cause beyond the control of a party including (without limitation) strikes, industrial action, floods, fires, accident, earthquake, riot, explosion, war, hostility, acts of government, military, civil or regulatory authority, change in any law or regulation, disruption or interruption to the supply of communications, internet, power or other utility.
“Absolute Balance” means ABECKO Pty Limited (ACN 169 134 623) (ABN 43 669 944 765)
“Absolute Balance Services” means the services provided directly to the Client by Absolute Balance.
“Client Records” means the records of clients that receive services under the arrangements described in the Agreement.
“Service Levels” means the agreed levels at which Absolute Balance will provide the Services as described in the Formal Instrument of Agreement or its annexures.
“Services” means the Absolute Balance Corporate Health Services and Injury Rehabilitation Services.
“Services Fee” means the fees described in clause 4.1.
“Term” means the term of the Agreement, commencing on the Commencement Date and terminating on the earlier of the date agreed in writing between the parties or the Termination Date.
“Termination Date” means the date on which the Agreement is terminated pursuant to the terms of the Agreement.
The Agreement starts on the Commencement Date and continues for the Term. Where a Fixed Term Agreement extends beyond the defined Fixed Term, the agreement shall be between The Client and Absolute Balance.
Absolute Balance will directly provide Absolute Balance Corporate Health Services to the Client and shall facilitate the provision of the Injury Rehabilitation Services to the Client on the terms set out in the Agreement.
Subject to the Agreement, the Services will be provided in accordance with the Service Levels, unless they are unable to be provided as a direct or indirect result of an act or omission of the Client, its employees or contracted third parties or as a result of a breach by the Client of the Agreement, in which case Absolute Balance will use their best endeavours to provide the Services allowing for such act or omission.
3.3 Scope of Services
The parties agree that the Services set out in the Agreement reflect the entirety of the Services to be provided under the Agreement. Any further services requested by the Client shall be provided on such further terms (including in relation to cost) as may be agreed between the parties at the time.
4.1 Services Fees
- Absolute Balance Services: Where Absolute Balance provides the Absolute Balance Corporate Health Services, the Client shall pay to Absolute Balance the Services Fees. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, Absolute Balance will charge the Client its standard, published rates for the provision of each Service provided. Unless otherwise stated, the Services Fees are exclusive of GST.
4.2 Payment Terms
Absolute Balance shall issue the Client with a valid tax invoice for Services provided during the relevant period. The Client must pay Absolute Balance’s invoices within 30 days of receipt.
5. Cancellations & Reschedules
In the event that Services to be provided by Absolute Balance on a certain date (‘Service Date’) are cancelled with less notice than the prescribed Cancellation Notice Period set out in the table in Schedule 1, or the Services cannot be provided on the Service Date because the patient/employee/client does not attend, Absolute Balance will be entitled to charge cancellation fees to the Client (“Cancellation Fees”) based on the table set out in Schedule 1.
5.2 Rescheduled Services
In the event that a Client:
- informs Absolute Balance with less notice than the prescribed Cancellation Notice Period set out in the table in Schedule 1, before the Service Date that a Service that was otherwise to be provided on a Service Date must be rescheduled; and
- the Client nominates a rescheduled date within 3 months of the Service Date,
then Absolute Balance shall charge the Client reschedule fees to the Client (‘Reschedule Fees’) based on the table set out in Schedule 1. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Service is rescheduled beyond the 3 month timeframe from the Service Date, the Cancellation Fees shall apply.
6. Clinical Matters
6.1 Client Records
Title to all Client Records vests on creation with Absolute Balance which created the record.
7. Force Majeure
- Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this document as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- The party affected by a Force Majeure Event shall notify the other party as soon as practicable of any anticipated delay due to a Force Majeure Event.
- The performance of the affected party’s obligations under this document will be suspended for the period of the delay due to the Force Majeure Event and any deadlines will be extended by such period.
8.1 Immediate termination by Absolute Balance
Absolute Balance may either suspend or immediately terminate the Agreement on the happening of any of the following events by giving notice in writing to the Client:
- the Client commits any breach of any provision of the Agreement and the Client has failed to remedy that breach within 21 days of receiving a notice in writing from Absolute Balance identifying the breach and requesting that the breach be remedied; or
- the Client commits an act of bankruptcy or compounds with its creditors.
8.2 Flexible termination
Where the agreement is for a Flexible Term, the agreement may be terminated at any time by either party giving written notice to the other party without cause, in which event the Agreement shall terminate 30 days after the date of receipt of the notice by the other party.
8.3 No compensation
If a party terminates the Agreement, neither party shall be entitled to any compensation or damages from the other party arising from such termination.
8.4 Survival of provisions
The termination of the Agreement does not affect such of the provisions of the Agreement as are expressed to operate or have effect after that time and is without prejudice to any rights of action already accrued to either party in respect of any breach of the Agreement by the other party.
9. Recruitment Supply and No Poaching
Each party must:
- The Client agrees that it will not, without Absolute Balance’s prior written consent (which may be refused in its absolute discretion) directly or indirectly solicit, employ or engage:
for a period of 6 months from the date of termination of the Agreement.
Each party must:
- keep any Confidential Information in respect of the other party secret and confidential, except to the extent that the party is required by law or a recognised stock exchange on which its shares or the shares of any of its related corporations are listed to disclose it;
- take all reasonable and necessary precautions to maintain the secrecy and prevent the disclosure of any Confidential Information in respect of the other party; and
- not disclose Confidential Information in respect of the other party to any third party without first obtaining the written consent of the other party.
10.2 No partnership
Nothing in the Agreement constitutes the parties as partners or in an employer/employee relationship.
10.3 Consequential loss
Absolute Balance will not be liable to the Client for loss of profits or any other indirect or consequential loss arising from the provision of the Services or from any breach of this document.
10.4 Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- The Agreement is governed by the laws of the Western Australia.
- Each of the parties irrevocably submits to the non‑exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
10.5 Changes to Standard Terms and Conditions
Where the Agreement is for a Flexible Term, Absolute Balance shall be titled to amend these terms and conditions by publishing an amended version of the terms and conditions and notifying the Client. The continued use by the Client of Absolute Balance’s services will constitute acceptance of such changes.
10.6 Changes to commercial arrangements
Changes to the agreed commercial terms (excluding these terms and conditions) can only be amended by written agreement between both parties.
- The Client may not assign or no vate any of their rights or obligations under the Agreement without the prior written consent of Absolute Balance, which consent may not be unreasonably withheld.
- Absolute Balance may not assign, charge, no vate or deal with any of its rights and obligations under the Agreement, without the prior written consent of the Client, which consent may not be unreasonably withheld.
10.8 Stamp Duty
The parties shall be equally liable for all stamp duty (including penalties) payable in respect of the Agreement and any document executed under the Agreement.
10.9 Costs and Expenses
Each party must pay its own costs and expenses in respect of the preparation and execution of the Agreement.
Cancellation Notice Period
Fee Charged (% of Services Fee)
less than 2
100% of first 5 days plus mobilisation costs
Reschedule Fees *
less than 2
50% of first 5 days plus mobilisation costs
* Reschedule Fees are only valid if services are rescheduled to be performed within 3 months.